Let's talk:

Please leave this field empty.

  I have read the Disclaimer
Please leave this field empty.

Slide background

News & Case Results

Public bus accident-notice requirement

“I was hurt on a city bus when the driver crashed into another car. How long do I have to make an injury claim against the city?”

Be careful on this one! You must file your notice of injury claims with the authority that regulates the public transportation (city bus, county van, and so on) with written notice of any claim based upon injury within 60 days of the accident. The law that applies to this requirement lists the items that must be included in the notice. If you don’t file this written notice on time against the city or county that operates the public transportation, your case can be dismissed.

You don’t have to file suit within the 60 days, but you must file the notice of injury on time. Consult a lawyer who has experience with public transportation cases if you have any questions.

Source: MCL 124.419